Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Broccoli, Cheese, Egg Casserole

My family of 5 got 5 hens in the spring for a new project.  Our hens recently started laying eggs and now we are getting about 5 eggs a day.  I was looking forward to the day when they would start laying eggs, but now that they do, it can be a little overwhelming to use them all, so I am currently searching for egg recipes and will share what I find on this blog for others who may be experiencing the same dilemma. 

The first Recipe that I have discovered aside from the boiled eggs and scrambled eggs that got old after about a week is broccoli, cheese, egg casserole.  It was quite tasty.  I found the recipe on Google, but since I'm lazy and cheap and did not have all of the ingredients it was requiring, this is what I came up with and I was really happy with it.  :)

Broccoli, Cheese, Egg Casserole

What you need:
5 eggs
1/3 cup flour (I used wheat flour because that's what I had)
1 stick butter
1 cup whole milk
broccoli
cheese (Colby Jack)
salt
pepper
2 tsp Dijon mustard

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Boil broccoli florets from about 3 broccoli stalks for about 3 minutes.  Mix eggs, flour, butter, milk, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper in a bowl until somewhat creamy.  Place broccoli florets in the bottom of casserole dish, cover with favorite cheese (we used Colby Jack) either shredded or ripped in little pieces if you do it the lazy way, dump egg mixture over broccoli cheese, cover with more cheese, bake for 25 min. or until top is slightly brown, let cool for a few minutes and then pig out.

Enjoy!

(My friend added some ham and said it was great!)

No comments:

Post a Comment